Wednesday, August 31, 2005

KATRINA

There is so much sadness coming forth from New Orleans and the other areas along the gulf. Last night I got choked up watching a clip of a man who lost his wife in the flooding. He was trying to describe to the reporter how he held her hand for as long as possible, but it slipped through his fingers and she floated away from him, forever.

Fuck. Human misery is about the only thing that's a sure thing. In this world or any other one.

But, to be sure, where there is hardship there is also joy. When it is night in New York they are lunching in Singapore. When it is summer in Brazil they are shoveling their drives in Fargo.

All this to say that I think now would be a good time to remind everyone that Mentone, Indiana, is the Egg Basket to the Midwest.


This image represents the metaphorical goodness-inherent-in-the-American-people ying to the destructive force of Hurricane Katrina's yang.

1 comment:

TJ said...

Thanks, man. I feel better already. I think I'll go make an omelette. As long as my making this omelette doesn't produce too much yang counter balance. What if I put ham in it?