Sunday, November 06, 2005

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE

To receive the AM's new mix, entitled Concept One: In which Elton John travels to the Heart of Darkness and loses his sure-footed way, shoot me an email with your mailing address and I'll send it off faster than you can say, "Rocket Man".

This epic tale charts the journey of young Mr. John as he leaves posh London in a daunting quest to discover the elusive nature of Man, only to find himself alone in the wilderness, surrounded by chaos, ruin and despair. Among the brambles and thickets of his soul's dark forest, will he find what he's searching for? Will he have the courage, wisdom, and strength to find his way home again?

There's only one way to find out!

Songs by Elton John, The Turtles, Chad Vangaalen, The Black Keys, Black Mountain, Wilderness, Animal Collective, My Morning Jacket, Band of Bees, The Earlies, and Great Lake Swimmers.

Tell your friends! Get your very own copy today!

5 comments:

TJ said...

What are they gonna say, man? That he was a wise man? That he was a kind man? No, man. He's a Rock. It. Man.

Anonymous said...

Hey, man, you don't talk to the Rocket Man. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll, uh, well, you'll say hello to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you, and he won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll sing "The Circle of Life." If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you - I mean I'm no, I can't - I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's, he's a great man. I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...

cnanderson1980 said...

I hope this song is on it. (audio link)

TJ said...

If you're taking David Brent requests, do "Free Love on the Free Love Highway," too.

Ofc. Krupke said...

PBR Streetgang, cue the napalm.