Thursday, November 18, 2004

BECAUSE I AM QUITE BORED

I have decided to please you with another Letter to the Editor.

Veterans Day

Editor, Times-Union:

"Veterans Day" really ticks me off. Now before you get angry let me explain. The honoring of our veterans is the least we can do as citizens who owe our lives and freedom to these brave men and women who have served and are serving our nation. However the "Federal Holiday" of "Veterans Day" honors the great men and women who work for the federal government and financial institutions with a paid day off while veterans, like myself and my wife, go to work that day as usual without so much as a thank you. Then to add insult to injury my tax dollars go to pay these people to have a day off. I sure hope they spend it "honoring vets." How about a holiday where the veterans get the day off or perhaps move it to a Saturday.

P.S. My thanks and congrats to veterans who are now federal employees. Enjoy your day. You deserve it.

Justin Embry

No comments: