Thursday, April 14, 2005

THEY KNOW NOT

This morning, whilst tip-toeing through the minefield of secularism and temptation that is today's internet, I came across an article that brought sadness to my heart. The article, entitled, "Closest Human Relatives Face Extinction," cited a recent report that details the possibility of several species of apes, monkeys and other primates becoming extinct in the near future.

"Why, oh why, oh why, oh why!" I asked myself, but I knew not the answer. Looking deep into my heart, I tried, as best I could, to understand why we live in a world that is so cruel, that is so harsh, that is so unapologetic in its disregard of beauty and righteousness - in other words, I sought to understand why some over-educated journalist thinks we're related to gorillas, and why he's trying to get me to think the same thing.

Articles like this usually leave me paralyzed and disturbed, trepidatious as to explore the internet for the remainder of the day. I don't think I even have the courage to visit Andrew Sullivan today, that pole-smoking hedonistic sodomite fornicating homosexual-agena-spewing Hell-dweller.

My fight (crusade?) continues.

No comments: