--Is four years a long time?
--It's half a boy's life.
--(shakes head in amazement) Half a boy's life.
Some thoughts on Paris, Texas:
1) Best movie ever? High on the list.
2) Was Nastassja Kinski the most beautiful woman that ever lived? I could make a convincing argument.
3) Harry Dean Stanton - awesome in that gruff but sensitive uncle kind of way, but better than Richard Farnsworth? Fuck. Total toss-up.
4) Wim Wenders. Can this be the same guy that made Million Dollar Hotel? Can it really?
5) Ok, ready? Good - ok, name a better avant-garde playwright/actor/short story writer than Sam Shepard. Take your time. Keep thinking. No, seriously I've got all day. Well, I'll move on to number six, but you keep thinking.
6) The scene where Travis and Hunter walk from the school to their house on opposites sides of the road? Slightly better than all of Citizen Kane.
7) Finally, and most importantly, why don't I wear cowboy boots?